Concept design tools is a process for create new neat and clean plan of System development. We can create new system's process, using various Component.
Data flow diagram (DFD)
A Data Flow Diagram (DFD) is a traditional visual representation of the information flows within a system.
A neat and clear DFD can represent by a drawing,a good amount of the system requirements graphically.
It can be manual, automated, or a combination of both.
It diagrammatic representation of a process, system, sub-system etc.
Data flow diagram Components:
A process is a business activity or function where the manipulation and transformation of data takes place.
2. Data store:
Datastore is a central location of data. It holds the data that is retained in the system.
3. Data flows:
- It is represented by the joining arrow. It connects...
- Between the process
- Form data store to process
- Process to data store
- Source to process
- Process to sink(higher to lower position)
4. External entities:
Entity Relationship Diagram (ERD)
- An Entity Relationship (ER) Diagram is a type of flowchart that illustrates how “entities” such as people, objects or concepts relate to each other within a system.
- It is a logical structure of a database that can be expressed graphically.
- It is the process of database design and the simplicity and pictorial clarity of the database design technique.
- ER diagrams use a defined set of symbols such as rectangles, diamonds, ovals and connecting lines to depict the interconnectedness of entities, relationships and their attributes.
A definite thing—such as a person, object, concept or event—that can have data stored about it. Think of entities as nouns. Examples: a customer, student, car or product. Typically shown as a rectangle.
A property or characteristic of an entity. Often shown as an oval or circle.
For example: faculty _sub, depart_name, stu_num, Class_roll etc.
How entities act upon each other or are associated with each other. Think of relationships as verbs. For example, the named student might register for a course.
It represented by diamond
The flow of information is indicated by the lines in RE Diagram.
It is represented by a line.